How to Get Home Without Driving Drunk
Summer is our preferred time for celebrations, which means good food, good friends, good times and a good drink. However, there’s no “excuse” for drunk driving. The consequences are irreversible. When you are under the effects of alcohol and get behind the wheel, your life and others are at risk. Here are some alternatives to get home without driving drunk.
- Use public transportation
- Stay at a friend’s house or walk home
- Take a taxi, Uber, or Lyft
- Get a lift with someone who has not been drinking or using drugs
- Leave your vehicle at home when you go out drinking
- Tell a person you can trust if you have been drinking and do not feel well enough to drive
- Make sure you have a local taxi company or ride-sharing app saved on your phone
Always have a Plan B to get home. If you are planning a big night out, plan ahead!
What to do the Next Day
Your body needs time to get back on track. Drink lots of water, eat a big meal packed with fruits and veggies, and cold showers will help reduce your blood alcohol content little by little. You can also detox your body with herbal teas, chamomile, fennel, or mint. Plus, this type of beverage also works wonders on indigestion and headaches. Add some honey for a better taste.
Bring Your Party to Gaslamp
Now that you know how to take care of yourself and others when going to a party, come to Gaslamp in Denver. You can enjoy amazing nights with your friends. We have an exceptional happy hour menu available in a unique, modern-style bar, with a delicately designed infusion of contemporary, elegant, sleek, and casual. For private events, send us a request here.