The Moscow Mule is one of the most famous and classic cocktails. It’s delicious and refreshing, and comes in a cool rustic copper mug. But, there is more to the mule than just vodka. At Gaslamp, we like to mix it up, so we have a few varieties of mules to suit everyone’s palate.
The Moscow Mule
The Moscow Mule has been around since the early 1940s. For some reason, vodka wasn’t selling. It was time to give vodka an image boost and rebrand to make it popular again. What they came up with was a simple mixture of ginger beer, vodka, and lime, but the most noteworthy is the classic copper mug.
Why a Copper Mug
First of all, the copper mug looks cool. It brings you back to the era of wild fancy parties and ever-flowing cocktails. The copper mug does serve a purpose, besides just being eye candy. Serving the mule in the copper mug ensured a more consistent temperature, keeping the drink in perfectly chilled temperatures as the copper acts as a cooling agent, taking on the cold temperature of the ice.
Mixing Up the Moscow Mule
The mule may have been a vehicle for a vodka insurgence, but today we like to mix it up a bit and give our customers a chance to have the mule of their choice. Ginger beer and fresh lime are still the main ingredients. But we’ve allowed the mule to travel around the world to create an exciting list of new cocktails.
- The Moscow Mule – The classic vodka, ginger beer, and fresh lime served in a copper mug
- The British Mule – Switch out the Vodka with Tanqueray Gin, and you’ve got yourself a jolly old mule
- The Irish – You’ve guessed it, for an Irish Mule, just substitute vodka for Jameson Irish Whisky
- The Kentucky – Put some Benchmark Bourbon in your mule, and you’re off to the races
- The Mexican Mule – With Mi Campo Blanco Tequila, you’ll be running for the border
We love all our mules, but we also have a large selection of delicious cocktails for our happy hour that will suit every palate.